Thursday 19 October 2023

Cemetery Lake by Paul Cleave

This is my first Paul Cleave book. He's a Kiwi writer, so I should have read his work earlier (I know--sorry) Whoops. Going through my list of audiobooks, I have experienced his novel Blood Men. 

This book kicks off a new series called "The Theodore Tate Series," which currently includes four books, and I have the first three. The story starts with a lot of excitement, and there's always something happening. It all unfolds pretty quickly, taking place over just about a month.

The story has a clever plot that leads you down the wrong paths before revealing the right one. The writing is straightforward and simple, just like my own style. Some might say it's almost too simple, but it keeps things clear and focused.

Tate, the main character, is quite different from your usual heroic cop. He has his own rules and sometimes does things that make you question the lines between right and wrong. But he manages to justify his actions in a way that makes you understand him. I found myself liking his character and can't wait to read more about him in the upcoming books. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Metro 2033 by Dmitry Glukhovsky

I bought this a few years ago and finally got around to reading it.  "Metro 2033" by Dmitry Glukhovsky is not your typical easy-br...