Saturday 26 November 2022

Billy Summers by Stephen King

The blurb reads: You won’t put this story down, and you won’t forget Billy. 

Who? LOL. There are many people who love this book. It got several awards. Well done. I didn't like it. Apart from Trump Derangement Syndrome is in full effect BUT there is a character that thinks Trump's job performance was good. It's like King tried to even out his political leanings as fans are dropping off. 

That's not why I consider deeply whether I should hand over hard-earned cash for a book as his stuff since The Dream Catcher has been going downhill. His writing is still excellent. Reading his books is a lesson in writing. But the content is boring as fuck. As is this book. Yes, the last few chapters were excellent and the opening held my interest. The rest didn't. This could easily have been a much smaller book. The tangents we read through...didn't seem to have much point apart to fill the pages. The character was fleshed out. I could picture Billy, I've lived a few years in 'Hicksville', and small towns. I live in one now, even though I live in Japan. 

The book did have its moments. It is a King novel. In my opinion, not enough. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Snakes on a Plane by David Dalessandro and John Heffernan

"Snakes on a Plane" isn't just an audiobook; (Graphic Audio) it's a thrilling experience for those who have not seen the m...