Friday 11 March 2022

The kind worth killing by Peter Swanson

A devious tale of psychological suspense so irresistible that it prompts Entertainment Weekly to ask, “Is The Kind Worth Killing the next Gone Girl?”

 Peter Swanson’s new mystery, The Kind Worth Killing, is intricately plotted, fast-paced, and made up of tightly constructed scenes.

Chilling and hypnotically suspenseful … could be an instant classic.” -- Lee Child, author of Personal

And many, many, more.


My question: Did these reviewers read the book?


This book was a paperback read for me, which is unusual as I normally prefer audio books, but I stumbled upon it in a second hand bookstore. I snatched it up. Read Lee Child's comment and Sunday Mirror claiming: Nerve-shredding. 

Peter Swanson, never heard of him. However, I like these kinds of books (as I've started writing them), so, I bought it. 

The reviewers are spot on, for the first half of the book. It might have worked if Swanson haven't done a massive U Turn. It was a surprise, and he me, the end of the book. I hate it when authors pull this kind of shit. From that point, I kept reading to see how it ended and it was good. And the letter from her father...what a killer ending. 

Basically, the story is about Ted, a very wealthy man, who discovers his wife is cheating on him with a house builder. And he wants to kill her. But he is a normal dude and in a bar in an airport, he meets Lily, and spills his guts to her. 

Together, they come up with a plan to kill his wife and her lover and they plan how to get away with it. She'll help him. 

Lily knows what she is talking about. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Metro 2033 by Dmitry Glukhovsky

I bought this a few years ago and finally got around to reading it.  "Metro 2033" by Dmitry Glukhovsky is not your typical easy-br...