Monday 31 January 2022

Save the Cat Goes To The Movies


If you are looking to learn more screenwriting in this book, think again. It is a collection of pitches followed by a synopsis of the movie. He lays out the beats for you as he tells the tale. Most of these movies are kinda recent. 

It is a damn interesting read for almost anybody.

Writers will learn by osmosis how to write the dreaded short and long synopsis editors and publishers are looking for. They wanna see the big picture. Your story telling skills will be analyzed at a later date. 

I'm not a scriptwriter, but I heard that if you have all three of these books, you'll have a complete screenwriting course in your hands. Not sure if that's true. 

Not having read the original, let's me rate this book as a stand alone. 


   





It's a little this review. Mainly because, even though I don't write scripts, many people will get value from this as I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dream Home by T. M. Logan

I just finished reading "The Dream Home" by T. M. Logan, and let me tell you, it's a real page-turner! From the very start, I ...