Friday 30 July 2021

Ink by Jonathan Maberry

 

Listening Length15 hours and 9 minutes

Author Jonathan Maberry 

Narrator Ray Porter

Whispersync for Voice Ready

Audible.com Release Date November 17, 2020

Publisher Macmillan Audio Program 

Type Audiobook

Version Unabridged 

Language English


This book started off really well but three quarters of the way through, it petered off. 

I love the idea of this tale. A man collects tattoos off other people along with their memory of said tattoo. Image your wife has cancer and she beats it. You get a tattoo on your wrist. Later in the day, the tattoo is gone and so is the memory of your wife having beat cancer. This man--creature?--uses flies to do his bidding. 

The scenes with the tat collector are great. Horror. Tension. All the good stuff. But the other characters all fall flat, except Monk Addison. Also I found it a little too raw and emotional for my liking. Also, there seemed to be a lot of virtual signaling. I don't mind it, but it can sometimes get in the way. 

I didn't finish this book, so I cannot in good faith rate it. 

The info above says the book is 15 hours to listen to, but it took more than two weeks before I tossed it. 


  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Metro 2033 by Dmitry Glukhovsky

I bought this a few years ago and finally got around to reading it.  "Metro 2033" by Dmitry Glukhovsky is not your typical easy-br...