Saturday 3 April 2021

Trust Me by T. M. Logan


Finally, Mr. Logan appears to be back on form. Regular readers of this blog, will know that I started out on T. M. Logan's second book, '29 Seconds" and loved it. Naturally, I bought his first book, 'Lies' and it sucked. It was a hard book to follow and I never finished it. Then came The Vacation, which I also didn't like. The Catch is next on my list.  

I always give new writers a chance and I'm glad I have this policy as Trust Me, is brilliant. It has It's pros and cons like all books. Basically, the story is about Ellen, a woman on a train, who is asked to hold on to a baby, so the mother can make a phone call. A few minutes later, she see the mother exiting the train platform as the train pulls away. Leaving her with a baby. 

She gets off at the next station, looking for the mother in case she somehow managed to get back on the train. There are a lot of blocks that stop her from doing the right thing. She decides to look away the baby for a while longer. She needs a feed. Then, she can take the baby to the police. 

Ellen get's kidnapped. 

The baby's in danger. 

Who can she trust? 

Not the father, not the police, not the Ghost--a murderer who has resurfaced. 


This book has everything a thriller needs to have. Several WTF moments, red herrings and a clueless Ellen, who must put all the pieces of the puzzle together, finally bringing her face to face with The Ghost. 

The only issue I had was the constant worrying about every facet of the baby, Mia. 

Drove me mad.

All in all, a great book.  

8/10


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Wretched Valley by Jenny Kiefer

In "This Wretched Valley" by Jenny Kiefer, readers are transported to a world steeped in history and despair. While Kiefer's p...